Hasmonean Aqueduct Tour In Armon Hanatziv
More than two thousand years ago, two long and magnificent aqueducts were constructed to bring water from the Pools of Solomon (near Bethlehem) to the Temple. On the tour we will enjoy incredible views of Ancient Jerusalem from various key vantage points along the Armon Hanatziv Promenade and discuss the importance of the water system that Herod built south of Jerusalem. Taking flashlights along, we descend deep within the earth to explore the remnants of the Lower Aqueduct and familiarize ourselves with the power of these mighty water works.
Panormaic view from the Armon Hanatziv Promenade and tour of the underground aqueduct (which is dry).
About an hour and a half
Meeting Place for the tour
Statue of the Birds
Adults- 35 NIS, Kids (5-18)- 25 NIS
- The aqeduct is dry. Water no longer flows through it.
- The tour is fun and challenging and appropriate for those that enjoy walking.
- Not recommended for claustrophobic individuals
- Baby carriers are not permitted.
- Flashlights are necessary. (They can be purchased onsite)
- The guided tours run only in Hebrew.
To the City of David site